It may feel as though getting an education in a different country is impossible. But, you can find grants and scholarships for college that are specifically for international students. Check out the options discussed below if you are a student from out of the country.

Through the Fulbright Foreign Student Program, international students can apply for one of two awards: the science and technology award, and the foreign language teaching award. Read on to learn more about these two grants and how they work.

Top College Grants for International Students

  • International Fulbright Science and Technology Award can give you up to three years of financial help if you are an international student who is working towards your Ph. D in a certain science or technology field. The organization grants up to 40 awards to those in computer sciences, neuroscience, biomedical engineering, aeronautics, and physics. 
  • The Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program if you want to teach English as a foreign language. You can study English while enjoying the culture and lifestyle in America.  

The American Association of University Women (AAUW) has an AAUW International Fellowships for female international students who are in graduate or Master’s degrees.

The prestigious award grants funding based on your commitment to advance other girls and women at your home and your academic standing. 

The Kennedy Memorial Trust is available if you are from the United Kingdom and wish to attend Harvard University or the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. This scholarship gives about $27,000 per year per student. 

You can also find scholarships and grants online from several organizations. Each program has different eligibility requirements. Some may be limited by your field of study or by the country where you wish to study. 

Another option is to check out Government grants, which are available to all students regardless of gender, race, or nationality.